Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm hot, you're not

I'd like to know why there are certain things that we are not really allowed to like, that we are supposed to be almost embarrassed about liking. Let's take music to be our supportive example, because it doesn't get more pretentious than in the hierarchy of music tastes.

Mind you don't get embarrassed now. Eurodisco. High school rock. Schlager. Country. Balkan beats. The majority of people (I'm all about generalizations) think these are very uncool genres to like. But essplain me whaaay?

2 comments:

  1. På midsommar gjorde vi en spotifylista med låtar man i hemlighet älskar, men skäms lite för, eller som andra tycker att det är pinsamt att man gillar. Förvånansvärt lika låtar, och sjukt bra playlist =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you say, the "majority of people", are you saying people your age? because I know quite a few people who like schlager ... they're all 60 years older than I am.

    ReplyDelete