Sunday, June 13, 2010

My name is not va fanculo

Good morning! It's still OK to say that if you haven't had breakfast yet, even though its past one o'clock. A few episodes of Cougar Town and the fact that I only have haricots verts in the house made that happen. Now, however, I need to change gear and find some kind of bike-friendly outfit as I am about to head out on a cycle adventure with my flattie and her boyfriend. Considering the vehicle involvement in this story a third wheel joke would be in order, but let's not be pathetic. 

Last night, after having spent a delightful day in the sun (and a good 26 minutes at the Palais des Beaux Arts) I went out to dinner with a bunch of Italian people with the aim of having real Belgian food. You could say that having bangers and mash - alternatively korv med mos - doesn't sound particularly exotic or necessarily specifically Belgian, but apparently it is. And it was really nice! We had a waiter who claimed he was Swedish, Caterina's boyfriend told him I was Moroccan, and the jokes kind of just escalated from there. We met some people with hilarious accents from Quebec and rolled home just after midnight and secured yet another good nights sleep. 


This morning Caterina was trying to do something on her computer and was getting a bit frustrated and yelled 'va fanculo', and as I was in the kitchen I yelled back wondering if she was talking to me. 'Your name is not va fanculo', she said.


1 comment:

  1. A hot dog with mashed potato on a sausagebread with chopped cucumber with a choko drink at night outside the "restaurant" is an outstanding dinner that you have to try - I can really understand what you felt . Sausage is good !

    ReplyDelete