I have a really bad habit of murdering some of my favourite songs by listening to them on repeat for days on end. I know how it goes; I tell myself that this time it's going to be different, this song is not like all the other songs. This one is worth it.
So I listen to it about 300 times, and then, like a hormonal pregnant woman, I turn completely. I lose interest. I know every guitar pluck, every beat, I could write out the words because they are forever imprinted on the inside of my cranium, but what I used to be able to sing along to tirelessly is now just a few too many bars of annoying whining and predictable melody.
This week's victim is 'Billionaire' by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars (especially the acoustic version)...I fear next week when my ears will bleed at the sound of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment