Tomorrow's the
big day: the team will pull on their most business-looking outfits and go
network at the
European Business Summit. I'm not nervous about succeeding in delivering the
elevator pitch or about doing well in the national sport of business card collecting. I'd say I'm just
excited. Remember the guidelines: out of the approximate
55 seconds, you mustn't talk for more than 30; you must
smile; your verbal communication only accounts for
20% of the judgment the person in front of you will make about you - whom you, under all circumstances, must appear to be interested in, even if they are in the
toothbrush business. Ask interesting questions, don't forget to shave (I'm pretty sure that was for the boys mainly) and
listen to the person you are pitching to.
To be honest I'm just working on my smile, I think I've got those other little
details covered. Looking excited and interested enough for you?
This is how exciting I think your job is
No comments:
Post a Comment